Swimming pools and spas
Install a new pool or spa
- Construct or install a swimming pool or spa
How to install a pool and the requirements of both property owners and contractors who are doing the work.
- Wading pools on residential properties
Fencing requirements, safety information and compliance certificates for backyard wading pools.
- Contractors and installers: requirements when installing a pool or spa
Find out the requirements for installing a pool or a spa in the Northern Territory.
Get a pool or spa inspected
- Get a compliance certificate or acknowledgement notice
How to get a compliance certificate for a swimming pool.
- Review of pool safety barrier decisions
What to do it you are unhappy with a pool barrier inspection.
- Swimming Pool Fencing Unit contacts
Pool Fencing Unit office locations and contact information.
Fencing and barrier requirements
- Covers and lids on spa pools
Requirements for spa safety lids, how to maintain lids and how to get a compliance certificate for a spa lid.
- Dividing fences and neighbouring properties
How to change or replace pool fencing.
- Requirements for pool safety barriers for properties 1.8 hectares or larger
How to get a pool barrier certified on a property larger than 1.8 hectares.
- About pool fencing and barrier safety standards
Information about pool and spa fencing standards in the Northern Territory.
- Replace or change pool fencing and barriers
Find out what you need to do if you want to change or replace your pool safety barrier.
If you sell or rent your home
Remove a pool or spa
- Remove or decommission a pool or spa
What you need to do if you are removing or decommissioning a pool or spa.