Get sport vouchers for your child
Your child can receive two $100 sport vouchers each year, one in January and one in July, for sport, recreation and cultural activities.
Read below to find out where you can use the vouchers.
The Sport Voucher Scheme is available to every school-enrolled child from preschool to year 12 and home-schooled children.
You can use vouchers at more than 300 registered sport, recreation and cultural activity providers.
Sport vouchers expire on 31 May each year.
Read about sport vouchers in remote areas.
Where you can use vouchers
You can use sport vouchers in urban areas including all of the following:
- Alice Springs
- Darwin rural
- Tennant Creek.
What you can use vouchers for
You can use a sport voucher to pay for any of the following:
- after-school, weekend sport and school holiday recreation and cultural activities, including any or all of the following:
- special events
- registration and insurance
- membership fees
- a uniform for an activity that is purchased through the same activity provider including any or all of the following:
- team uniforms
- costumes for performances
- activity clothing
- equipment related to the program or activity when purchased through the same activity provider including all of the following:
- sports and recreation equipment
- instructional books
- music scores and scripts.
How to get a sport voucher
In urban areas you should receive a sport voucher from your child's school. If the school does not have vouchers, go to the Grants Tracker website to apply online.
When you have received your voucher from the school or in the mail you should follow all of these steps:
Step 1. Pick a registered activity provider on the Grants Tracker website.
Step 2. Take the voucher to the registered activity provider.
Step 3. Get your voucher approved by the registered activity provider.
Step 4. Register your child with the activity provider.
Step 5. Use the voucher for your child's activity costs.
What you can't use a sport voucher for
You can't use a sport voucher for any of the following:
- activities or programs that are part of the school curriculum or during school hours
- after-school care services and tutors
- school-run activities
- travel to and from competitions
- to buy equipment or uniforms from a retailer
- multiple activity providers
- payments to activity providers who are not registered
You can't get cash refunds for all or part of the value of the sport voucher. You can't transfer your voucher to another child.
Last updated: 30 June 2016