Remote town job profiles
This page lists job profiles and information about businesses across 28 remote towns in the Northern Territory.
The information is based on the Northern Territory Remote Towns Jobs Survey carried out in 2011, 2014 and 2017.
It tells government, industry, businesses and contractors about employment opportunities and business capabilities in the towns.
It can also be used in service planning and delivery or as a workforce planning tool.
The job profiles contain the following data about each remote town:
- filled jobs and vacant jobs available at the time of reporting - including all of the following:
- permanent and temporary jobs
- Aboriginal status of employees
- public and private sector jobs
- full-time and part-time jobs
- age groups
- occupation - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupation
- industry - Australian and New Zealand Standard Industrial Classification
- Community Development Programme (CDP) job seekers
- Vocational Education Training (VET) students and participation
- numbers and characteristics of businesses by sector - public and private
- population related statistics including:
- distribution by age and gender
- unemployment and participation rates by Aboriginal status.
Find out more about the collection of data.
Job profiles are available for the following remote towns:
For more information contact the Strategic Policy and Research team on 08 8999 7758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 07 November 2018