Placeholder for NTG rose image
Northern Territory Government Australia
Home > Transport and Travel > Law > Registration and Licences

Registration and Licences

To operate a motor vehicle in any public place in the Northern Territory including driving in car parks and other private property where the public has access you will need to be licensed.
The Motor Vehicle Registry has a range of online services designed to make it easier for you to do business with us. MVR Quick Pay allows you to renew your vehicle registration, renew your drivers licence and even change your personal details at your convenience.
Department of Planning and Infrastructure (IPE) provides motor vehicle inspection and registration, and driving licensing services throughout the Territory.
Plumbers and Drainers Licensing Board The Northern Territory Plumbers and Drainers Licensing Board is a statutory authority established under section 5 of the Plumbers and Drainers Licensing Act 1983. It is responsible for the issue of advanced tradesman licences, journeyman registration cards and reciprocity certificates. The Board administers the Plumbers and Drainers Licensing Act 1983, and ensures that only qualified persons obtain licences, registration cards and certificates.
The Commercial Passenger Vehicle Branch of the Road Transport Division, is responsible for the development and implementation of commercial passenger vehicle policy within legislative frameworks and with due regard to Government, industry and key stakeholder requirements.
The Transport Group works to provide the Northern Territory with transport systems that are safe, efficient, and ecologically sustainable.
Vehicle registration in the Northern Territory.

Top of Page

Placeholder for Right Hand Side Image