Placeholder for NTG rose image
Northern Territory Government Australia
Home > Land and Environment > Land > Permits and Licences

Permits and Licences

The Top End's pristine marine and freshwater environments are major attractions for Territorians and visitors alike. The Northern Territory's waterways are unique, diverse and unspoilt, and it is little wonder that recreational fishing and boating are two of the Territory's most popular pastimes.
This web site has informatation about the temporary fishing arrangements for affected areas by the Federal Court decision known as the Blue Mud Bay case.
To fossick in the Northern Territory you must hold a Fossicker's Permit issued under the Northern Territory Mining Act. There is no cost for a personal Fossicking Permit.
The Department of Land Resource Management is responsible for implementing the Bushfires Act and supporting landholders with fire mitigation, water allocation planning including licensing and permits, wildlife rescue and management of pest animals, managing the NT Herbarium, soil management, rangelands management, native vegetation land clearing, and weeds management.
The main function of the Office is to keep a Register, which contains title to all land under the Land Title Act, and to provide public access to the Register. Registered dealings are part of the title which is guaranteed by the Crown and open to public search. Some examples of dealings are mortgages, transfers, leases, discharge of mortgages and applications to replace lost certificates as to title. A fee for these services applies.
A person who carries on the business of a pawnbroker or second-hand dealer must hold a licence in the Northern Territory. Operating as a pawnbroker and / or second-hand dealer without a licence may incur penalties.
Through planning, building and land management, the Department of Planning and Infrastructure ensures land is available for the sustainable economic and social benefit of Territorians.
TIS is a tool for the public to monitor mining and exploration in the Northern Territory. It conveys spatial information about the land in the NT through a Mapinfo Mapx web interface.
A person who carries on business as a travel agent in the Northern Territory must hold a licence. Operating as a travel agent without a licence may penalties.

Top of Page

Placeholder for Right Hand Side Image