Follow us on Twitter @LegAssemblyNT
Freedom of Information
The Information Act commenced operation on 1 July 2003.
The Act gives people the right to be provided with information held by Government Agencies unless the information is exempt from release.
The Act applies to information held in the public sector (defined in section 5 of the Act) and covers:
- freedom of Information (limited to public sector organisations) and
- personal Information (applies to public sector organisations, government business divisions and government owned corporations)
Members of the public can apply for access to government information, personal information held by the agency, and for correction to personal information. Fees are payable for most Freedom of Information (FOI) access applications.
Attached are relevant forms required by this agency to make a request for information under the Information Act. For further inquiries please contact the department's Information Officer on (08) 8946 1451.
- Application to access government information
- Application to correct personal information
- Application for a review of a decision
- Application to waive or reduces fee