Northern Territory Coat of Arms

Northern Territory Local Court

Home > Unrepresented Parties

Unrepresented party

Unrepresented parties

It is not essential to be represented by a lawyer when going to court. If you choose to represent yourself you should familiarise yourself with the information about going to court, court etiquette and understanding court orders.

However if you decide that you need legal advice or representation then lawyers can be found in your local phone book under legal practitioners. Darwin Community Legal Service is operated by qualified volunteers who may be able to assist you in the first instance.

If English is your second language you may want to consider contacting the interpreter service for assistance during the proceedings.