Vanderlin Drive Duplication
Duplication works commenced late October 2011 on Vanderlin Drive between Patterson Street and Mueller Road Malak.
Works will include:
- the construction of two additional lanes
- installation of traffic lights
- relocation of bus stops
- construction of a median strip
- changes to the pedestrian crossing
Recent changes after public consultation also include an entry and exit point to and from Vanderlin Drive Service Road to Vanderlin Drive, and two 'u-turn permitted' areas.
Traffic signals and a pedestrian crossing will be installed at the intersection of Vanderlin Drive and the main entrance to the Leanyer Recreation Park to improve pedestrian safety.
New entry and exit points will be included between Vanderlin Drive and Vanderlin Drive Service Road (between Patterson Street and Mueller Road).
U-turns will be permitted after construciton on Vanderlin Drive (adjacent to the entry/exit points to Vanderlin Drive Service Road).
The existing pedestrian crossing on Vanderlin Drive will remain but the traffic lights will be removed.
During construction, there will be two temporary bus stops located on Vanderlin Drive near Patterson Street and Calytrix Road.
The project is valued at approximately $5.8M.
- Once works are completed, the duplication will be similar to the existing dual lanes on Vanderlin Drive
- Improve the safety of motorists and pedestrians
- Improving the safety of motorists using this stretch of road
- Working towards the future full duplication of Vanderlin Drive
Commencement of works
Works due to start late October and be completed by mid 2012, weather permitting.
|Further Information:||08 8999 4499|
|Feedback:||Provide your feedback|
14 October 2011 -Vanderlin Drive Duplication
From today, duplication work will soon start on Vanderlin Drive between Patterson Street and Mueller Roads, Malak. Read the Project Update (pdf) for more information.