Tiger Brennan Drive Duplication - Dinah Beach to Woolner Road
Tiger Brennan Drive is an important arterial road link between the Darwin Central Business District, the outer eastern suburbs, Palmerston and Darwin’s East Arm Port.
The work includes:
- Duplication of Tiger Brennan Drive from Dinah Beach Road to Woolner Road.
- Installation of traffic lights at the intersection of Tiger Brennan Drive and Gonzales Road (including safe crossing for pedestrians).
- No change to Ji-Niem Street intersection.
- Upgrading (with modifications) the intersection of Tiger Brennan Drive and Gothenburg Crescent.
- Upgrading the intersection of Woolner Road and Stoddart Drive.
Comprising of two stages:
Stage one: Earth work and drainage for the new inbound lanes (between Gonzales Road and Woolner Road).
Stage two: Full duplication of Tiger Brennan Drive (between Dinah Beach Road to Woolner Road).
Enhance road safety by reducing traffic congestion.
Commencement of works
Stage one is complete.
Earthworks and drainage for the new inbound lanes (between Gonzales and Woolner Road) were completed in August 2011.
As part of these works, the material was left to settle under tarpaulins. It has since been identified that the material needs longer to rest to allow for maximum possible settlement of the road embankment which is built on marine mud.
Duplication works commencing in June 2013 are expected to be completed by end of 2013.
|Further Information:||08 8999 4660|
|Feedback:||Provide your feedback|
12 April 2013 - Duplication works commencing in June 2013 are expected to be completed by the end of 2013. See advert (pdf) for further detail.